Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

NOOKcolor

Tonight is my first night with my new NOOKcolor. After months of drooling over new tablets and e-readers, I've inally taken the plunge and chosen something that is purportedly the best of both worlds. I don't plan on using this as my only means to read books, nor do I want to browse the internet solely on a tablet, but there are definite situations where I can enjoy a tablet/e-reader hybrid. I fully expect to experience buyer's remorse later in the year when the market is saturated with tablets of all shapes and sizes; if I let a silly thing like that stop me, I would never buy anything at all.

My first impressions of the NOOKcolor: decent web browsing, plenty of reading options, beautiful screen, good size. However, the screen seems almost too sensitive at times, going haywire if you touch it with slighly sweaty fingers. I'll have to keep a microfiber cloth on hand. No autocorrect is a pain in the ass, so I don't expect to do much writing on here. The back edge of the unit feels loose at times, moving around more than I would hope.

As of right now, I'm happy with it overall. There's talk of a B&N Marketplace coming soon, and if its a letdown, I can always root it and slap Honeycomb on a microSD card. Which I fully intend on doing anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment